Over the past ten years we have hosted over 80 artists, writers, and composers in Good Hart. Welcoming, nurturing, friendly, beautiful and delicious are the lasting impressions our guests have of their time spent in Good Hart, thanks in large part to our volunteers.
There are many ways to be involved and we appreciate each and every one of you:
- Spread the word by sharing our website and social media posts.
- Stuff envelopes and prepare a mailing…snacks provided!
- Provide transportation to the airport or community events for our guests.
- Greet the community at an Open Studio event in the summer.
- Share your connections; if you’re involved with a local nonprofit that would be interested in collaborating with a resident artist/writer/composer, let’s talk.
- Be a local host and prepare and deliver a meal or treat to the artist…we’ll share dietary restrictions.
- Share a favorite hike or scenic venue.
Artists who visit Good Hart are looking for time for their creative work, respite and inspiration and we always respect their privacy. But, sometimes they want company for a hike, a home-cooked meal or treat, or they need directions to a local site. For this purpose each resident is matched with a local host to help welcome them to the community. If you have an interest in learning more about how to volunteer and help promote the Good Hart Artist Residency, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.